Monday 18 February 2013

On The Mend


on the mend

my bed has your scent
laid out ‘long side your memory
it is simple
& beautiful
they sleep well there

but memory is safer than
the true body you
and nothing is 
solid 
as it seems

chorus
i can see you are
not quite breakable
but you can fold
and you can bend
there’s a tear here or there
a ripple on the surface of you
but not quite broken
you’re on the mend

i’d dive in
make a splash
but i resist the urge
to wrangle about with the
qualities that crack you

I’d take them all on
pin them down
but i don’t know my way
around
you
yet


that veil you cloak over
that soft boy of you
to the core i can see through
you drive a hard bargain
and it only gets tougher

so i keep my
edges on
sharpen my tongue
don't give 
too much away

and sure enough 
in the end
all said all done
and you beg 
for me to stay

chorus
you’ll see how
neither one is breakable
but we can fold
and we can both bend
there’s a tear here or there
a ripple on the surface of us
but not quite broken
we’re on the mend


© 2005 rennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Follow My Blog and Leave Your Feedback